Whether you’re just starting to think about college or you’re narrowing your choices, we hope you will keep the University of Rochester in mind. As a potential legacy applicant, the Office of Admissions welcomes you (and your family) to visit campus, take a tour, attend an information session, and apply to the University of Rochester when the time comes.
If Rochester is right for you and if you are a good fit for Rochester, we hope you will carry on a family tradition while creating your own legacy here. Because Rochester values such legacies and traditions, the Office wants to keep in touch and serve as a resource for you as the college admissions process begins.
The Colony Club is an exclusive opportunity for children and grandchildren of Rochester alumni. The benefits of being a member of the Colony Club include:
- Eligibility to apply for the Meliora Alumni Scholarship
- Special interviewing opportunities
- Discounts on Pre-College Programs at the University
- Advance notice on when Admissions staff will be in your area for high school visits, college fairs, receptions, and interviews
- Application fee waiver
- Personal communication directly from our counselors before and during the application process
* Membership in the Colony Club does not imply nor guarantee admission to the University of Rochester.
To maximize your benefits, the best time to enroll is during the summer of your junior year. If you’d like to begin building your relationship with Rochester, please provide us with some information below.