The last day graduating students can work is May 17, 2020. Please check each school’s website for graduation dates. If departments need to employ graduating students after their graduation date they must be hired through Human Resources or Strong Staffing.
HRMS Form 600 Staff Requisition:
This form is used to hire Time-As-Reported (TAR) with an End Date; this form can be accessed by logging into HRMS. Send the completed 600 Form to the HR Service Center and indicate that there is a Strong Candidate Identified (SCI). For Medical Center Divisions, a signed and approved Medical Center Exemption Form is required. The applicable TAR fringe benefit rate is charged to your department.
For questions about this form or hiring through Human Resources, please contact your HR Business Partner.
Graduated students may be hired for up to six months through Strong Staffing, the University’s in-house temporary services department, by calling Cynthia Gavin at 273-3639, Najia Ahmad at 273-3865 or Betty Chinappi at 275-7873. The applicable Strong Staffing fringe benefit rate is charged to your department.
- When requesting that a former student be hired by Strong Staffing, be sure to allow two weeks minimum for Strong Staffing’s pre-employment requirements to be met to ensure the hire does not experience an interruption in pay.
- Strong Staffing will schedule your summer hire(s) for the mandatory New Hire Orientation, conducted weekly.
- Positions involving direct face-to-face contact with patients require a physical and a drug screen. Patient contact positions also require New Hire Orientation. Strong Staffing will coordinate and schedule these pre-requisites.
Extra Compensation Forms (220s) for Students
Any department that uses 220 forms for student employees should send the forms to the Student Employment Office for approval. Once approved our office will send them to Payroll for processing.
Minimum Wage Increases
New York State minimum wage is projected to increase $.70 per hour through the year 2020.
|Minimum Wage Amount||Effective Date|
Undergraduate Hourly Wages:
- Level I Hire Rate: $11.80
- Level II Hire Rate: $12.25
- Level III Hire Rate: $13.50
Graduate Hourly Wages:
(For advanced-level work in program, technical, or research assistant positions)
- Level IV Hire Range: $15.00–$19.50
- Level V Hire Range: $18.00–$24.00