Open-House Days for Prospective Students
These open-house programs are your ideal opportunity to visit Rochester.
- Take a campus tour. A current student will guide you around campus, sharing personal experiences and answering questions along the way.
- Learn about the admissions process. Get an overview on our application process and financial aid and merit opportunities, with plenty of time for Q&A.
- Experience Rochester. Participate in a lecture taught by Rochester faculty (weekdays only), eat in a dining center, and attend a student panel.
Fall Event Dates 2017:
- Friday, September 22
- Monday, October 9*
- Saturday, November 4*
- Friday, November 10
*Open classes will not be in session on these dates.
Registration coming soon!
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
What to Expect
When you arrive, you’ll receive a packet with the following materials:
- Your personalized schedule and a general schedule of the day’s events with descriptions, room locations, and times
- A wide list of open classes you may sit in on
- A list of departments and offices on campus with contact information and locations
Visiting other departments:
During the day, you can visit academic departments, athletics staff, and support offices in your spare time. We encourage you to contact the department ahead of time to schedule an individual appointment.
If you need assistance with setting up an appointment with a department, email Patrick O’Neill, Associate Director for Faculty Engagement and Admissions Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Events
Parking & Directions
Parking at College Town
Due to the large volume of visitors, families will be parking at the College Town parking garage. A shuttle will operate from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to bring families to and from the River Campus. Please plan to arrive 30 to 40 minutes before the program begins to ensure adequate time to park and catch the shuttle.
GPS destination: 625 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14620
- Turn on to East Drive, and the parking garage marked “University Staff Parking” will be on your left.
- Enter the passcode for entry and exit of the garage. (Once you are registered, the passcode will be in your event registration confirmation.)
To retrieve your car, the shuttle will stop at Wallis Hall and Strong Auditorium on Wilson Boulevard.
For individuals with disabilities who may need parking-related accommodations, please drive directly to the Parking and Information Booth located in the middle of Wilson Boulevard when you turn onto campus from Elmwood Avenue. The attendant will provide instructions from there.
Open Class List
Be sure to arrive to your chosen class 10 minutes early and introduce yourself to the professor. No registration required. Some classes may overlap with our scheduled program for the day, so you will need to make a decision about what you would like to attend.
Family members are welcome to join as well, though some classes may have limited seating.
Please note that classes will not be in session on Monday, October 9 and Saturday, November 4.