Throughout the year, admissions staff and alumni volunteers participate in college fairs throughout the United States and world. Primarily, fairs allow you to briefly meet with an admissions representative, collect informational handouts, and ensure we have your contact information in our system. Fairs are held in several types of venues, including high schools, convention centers, and hotels.
The National Association for College Admission (NACAC) annually hosts a number of large college fairs throughout the United States and Canada. These college fairs are free and open to the public. NACAC encourages prospective student participants to register for these fairs in advance by visiting nacacfairs.org. The University of Rochester will attend the following NACAC College Fairs during Fall 2019:
- Birmingham, AL | September 15, 2019
- Long Island, NY | September 15, 2019
- Nashville, TN | September 17, 2019
- Louisville, KY | September 29, 2019
- New Orleans, LA | October 1, 2019
- Baton Rouge, LA | October 2, 2019
- Chicago, IL | October 5, 2019
- Orlando, FL | October 5, 2019
- Jacksonville, FL | October 12, 2019
- Portland, OR | October 27, 2019
- Seattle, WA | November 1, 2019
College Fair Tips
- Have a list of the participating colleges in advance and mark which booths you want to visit.
- Keep an open mind.
- Come prepared with questions to ask.
- Print out your name, contact information, birth date, and graduation year on a sheet of printable labels (this will save you time from writing all of this information on inquiry cards at each college table).