Thursday, November 9–Saturday, November 11
University of Rochester’s Multicultural Visitation Program (MVP) brings together high school seniors from diverse backgrounds and allows them to experience Rochester on a more personal level. Admission to MVP is a competitive process that will consider your academic and personal qualities.
Members of our University community come from different geographical areas, represent differences in ethnicities, religious beliefs, values, socioeconomic backgrounds, and points of view; they may be physically different, have different intellectual interests, or have different abilities. Rochester welcomes such differences and is dedicated to preparing the leaders of tomorrow to thrive in an equally diverse environment. We welcome all who identify as members of an underrepresented group to apply for MVP. Travel assistance is available; be sure to apply on time in order to qualify.
- Experience living and dining on campus.
- Stay overnight in a residence hall with a student host.
- Learn about various opportunities for research, student services, our advising program, athletics, etc…
- Participate in discussions with current students about the college experience and learn about the many opportunities available for undergraduates.
- Interact with students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
We’re excited that you’re interested in applying for this opportunity!
|Application Step||By Date|
|All MVP application materials due||Friday, October 6|
|Selected students notified||Friday, October 13|
|Selected students’ finalized travel plans due||Friday, October 27|
|Final program information released||Friday, November 3|
- Log in to MyROC. If you do not have an existing account, please activate/create one.
- Complete the MVP application form (in upper right-hand corner of dashboard).
- Upload additional required documents. View uploaded documents in the “Items” section. Additional required documents include:
- Unofficial high school transcript, including senior year classes
- Unofficial test scores
Note: The University of Rochester has a test flexible policy, meaning you may submit whatever standardized test scores you feel represent you best. Uploading your score report for any of the following: SAT, ACT, IB predicted scores, or two or more results from SAT Subject exams or Advanced Placement tests.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traveling & Reimbursement Policy
- Choose how you will travel.
- Reserved NYC Chartered Bus: If you are coming from the NYC/Westchester, NJ/Long Island areas, a bus will be chartered for you. There is a $40 round-trip fee to ride the chartered bus to/from Rochester. We will be sending along more information about the bus (where you will be meeting, who will be chaperoning, etc.) after you confirm your participation. If you live in one of the above areas, but choose another form of transportation, financial assistance will not be provided for you.
- Flying: If you fly, you will be reimbursed 50% of your round-trip flight costs, up to $350 (you must select economy class or coach). So, if your round-trip flight costs $400, we will reimburse you $200. If your round-trip flight costs $700 or more, we will only reimburse you $350.
- Bus/Train: If you take Greyhound or Amtrak (or any other bus or train company), you will be reimbursed 50% of your round-trip travel costs, up to $350.
- Driving: If you drive, you will be reimbursed 50% of your total mileage costs, which are calculated on an individual basis at a rate of $0.20 per mile.
- Purchase your ticket (if applicable).
- Email documentation of your trip to Morgan Drake at email@example.com.
- If you are taking the Reserved NYC Chartered Bus, email your plans. Morgan Drake will reserve your seat on the bus. You are required to bring either cash or a check for $40 to give to Morgan once you get to campus.
- If you are flying or taking a bus or train, forward the email confirmation you received when you booked your travel.
- If you are driving, email Morgan a Google Maps screenshot of the distance from your home to campus.
- Look for your reimbursement in the mail.
- Once you arrive on campus, we will process your paperwork and mail you a check.
- The reimbursement process usually takes 3–4 weeks.
The following conditions apply:
- Your reimbursement will only cover your travel directly to the University.
- Reimbursement is only available for you. Family members or friends are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement does not cover travel insurance or tickets purchased with redeemable points.
- You are responsible for buying any travel ticket outright.
- You must email all original transportation receipts ahead of time to be reimbursed.
Things to keep in mind:
- There will be a free airport shuttle running continuously from the airport to campus on Thursday, and again from campus to the airport on Saturday.
- If you take a taxi from the Rochester Greyhound or Amtrak station, we will also reimburse you for that taxi ride, but you must ask the taxi driver for a receipt.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.