Who is eligible for the Rochester Promise?
First-year and transfer applicants are both eligible. They must:
- Reside in the city of Rochester (or have resided in the city of Rochester during high school, for transfer students).
- Have graduated from and spent their last two years at a Rochester City School District public or publicly chartered high school within city geographical boundaries.
- Enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at the College.
Students are not eligible if:
- They or their parent qualifies for any UR employer tuition waiver.
- Their total household income is more than twice the Monroe County average ($110,544, or twice the $55,272 area average according to the US Census Bureau).
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 275-3221.
Like the Rochester Promise scholarship, these scholarships are specifically designed to eliminate barriers to access and encourage Rochester youth to achieve their aspirations for post-secondary achievement. As you know, the University of Rochester is committed to meeting the full demonstrated need of all admitted students.
Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
$25,000 per year for a former Hillside scholar
Jesse Moore Urban League Scholarship
Starts at $10,000 per year for youth nominated by the local Urban League office
Wilson International Baccalaureate
Full-tuition scholarship for graduates of the IB Program at Wilson Magnet High School who enroll at the University as first years