Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and you may be wondering how exactly you’re going to swing a classy date with your loved one for the holiday. Don’t worry! A nice evening out or a sweet gift doesn’t have to break the bank. Let Wallis Wallet be your guide as we explore some great options for cheap dates and homemade gifts this month!
A cheap date doesn’t have to be a tacky date. There are plenty of fun things you can do together on a budget! Here are just a few ideas to get you started on the perfect entertaining and enjoyable night for two.
- Sweetheart Skate at Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park and Ice Rink. For just $4 per couple, you can enjoy music and contests this Friday night! Dress in red for a surprise—sounds exciting and romantic! Can’t beat a deal like that.
- Catch a movie at the Movies 10, more commonly known as the Dollar Theater. The movies may be a bit older than what’s out right now, but the price is dirt cheap!
- Grab a Groupon for V-Day! From classes to concerts, from burgers to frozen yogurt, there’s always something fun to do or good to eat, courtesy of some great savings on Groupon!
- Stay in. Rent a movie from Redbox and curl up under a blanket together. Cook a gourmet meal for two. Whatever you do, it’s sure to make for a cozy evening for you lovebirds!
When I say ‘homemade gifts,’ I’m not talking about macaroni glued to a paper plate, kindergarten-style. You’re a grownup now—at the very least, you’ve graduated to Pinterest. Check out some awesome ideas for gifts you can make yourself for your special gal or guy.
- Pinterest has some great DIY ideas for Valentine’s Day that are both cost-effective and easy to make! How cute are the etched heart keychains? How sweet is this creative string art? Plus, the fact that you made it makes it even more special.
- Does your sweetheart have a sweet tooth? How about cupcakes, cookies, crepes? There are so many tasty treats you can whip up for your special someone! You’d better get bakin’ (or cookin’)!
- Make a mad lib! Yes, this craft was originally designed for little kids, but you can make this the darned sweetest gift they’ve ever received. Come up with your own fill-in-the-blanks and your own complementary phrases—tell your loved one just why you love them! It’ll be sure to bring a smile to their face.
So don’t have a cheap date like this:
(Source: Loyola Phoenix)
Have a cheap date like this!
Enjoy the holiday, everyone!