Thank you for your interest in interviewing with the University of Rochester! Please read this information before submitting your alumni interview request.
How do I request an alumni interview?
- Complete your Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Submit the alumni interview request form in MyROC.
Who can request one?
Admissions interviews are for applicants to the University of Rochester Class of 2024 only. You may request and/or schedule only one interview per application year.
When should I request it?
Submit your request as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, January 24. The number of interviews our volunteers can accommodate significantly decreases later in the process, at which point an alumni interview cannot be guaranteed.
What is the request process?
- Request one of our listed alumni volunteers in the form. They are listed in the drop-down menu by city and state.
- Allow at least five business days (longer around the holidays) for your interviewer to respond.
- You will receive an automated email notifying you when your alumni interviewer has responded, prompting you to log in to your MyROC account to view and reply to this message.
Interviews are requested based on your geographic and interview type preferences. We have a limited number of volunteers around the country to interview hundreds of students, and we cannot guarantee that an in-person interview will be available to you.
What if there are no alumni near me?
If you do not see your location, or one nearby, listed in the drop-down menu for an in-person interview, please go back to the interview type drop-down menu and select a virtual (Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, etc.) or phone interview.
What do alumni know about my application?
Alumni do not have access to your application. The only information they will be able to view is that which you provide on your interview request form, along with your name, location, and contact information that you’ve provided the University of Rochester.
If you have any questions about the alumni interviewing process, please contact uralumniInterviews@ur.rochester.edu.