We’re coming to visit!
From New York to Texas and Los Angeles, to China and the Middle East, representatives from the University of Rochester will be in an area near you soon.
This is a great opportunity for you and your and family to learn more about Rochester, without traveling far from home.
Rochester parents and and alumni also host a variety of events across the country.
Look through the events listed on the tabs below to get a feel for what to expect.
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to create a MyROC account. Your MyROC allows you to register for events and much more. If you don’t see any events in your area posted yet, don’t worry! We’ll be posting more events and interviews in the coming weeks.
We hope to see you soon!
From July to January, we meet with prospective high school seniors and transfer students in one-on-one interviews as a chance for us to get to know you better and for you to ask about us!
Why should you interview?
- We want to learn more about you!
- We’re eager to find out what you love to do and what excites you. This is a perfect opportunity to show us how amazing you are! You should come prepared to speak about yourself, your interests, and passions.
- You get to meet with a Rochester representative!
- This is your chance to talk to someone who knows Rochester. Whether you meet with an Admissions counselor or an alumnus/a, you’re going to get the real deal.
- Interviews can help determine merit scholarship candidates, so if you plan on competing for merit-based awards, an interview is strongly recommended.
Not traveling to an area near you?
You may request an interview with an alumnus/a through MyROC or email us to schedule a Skype or phone interview.
- Students living outside the United States and other countries we are visiting may request a Skype interview through their MyROC.
- The University of Rochester also accepts the CIEE Applicant Interview (CAI) and the InitialView Interview. To learn more about international interviewing options, please see the international interviews page.
Interviews for transfer applicants are conducted all year long. In order for the interview to be incorporated into our review, it should be completed before the application is complete. If an off-campus interview is not available, please call us at (888) 822-2256 to request an on-campus, phone, or Skype interview. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
High School Visits
Admissions counselors are also traveling to meet with you at your high school during the academic year. Stay tuned for the comprehensive list of schools we will be visiting from September to November! At a school visit, you can:
- Meet the Admissions counselor who will read your application.
- Discover what makes the University of Rochester unique: our open curriculum, the Take Five Program, access to undergraduate research, and more!
- Learn how to maximize your opportunities for admission and scholarship recognition.
- Ask about the details of our vibrant student life, which boasts over 250 clubs, a robust residential campus, and students from 89 countries.
- Demonstrate your interest in the University of Rochester!
Click here to see a list of the schools our counselors will be visiting this fall.
If you see your school on the list, please contact your college counselor or guidance office for more information on when we’ll be visiting.
Don’t see your school yet? Keep checking this website as our counselors will be adding hundreds more visits in the coming weeks!
While we would love for you to visit campus, we recognize that traveling to Rochester during the academic year may not be possible for you and your family. Prospective students (both freshmen and transfers) and their families are invited to attend. An information session in your area is just another way to learn more about Rochester!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with your admissions counselor, alumni, and Rochester parents.
- Learn about Rochester’s open curriculum and research opportunities.
- Ask questions about the admissions and scholarship review processes.
Visit the University of Rochester at NACAC college fairs
Rochester’s approach to learning is unconventional. To learn more about Rochester’s open curriculum and why we consistently rank as one of the nation’s best universities, visit us at one of the upcoming NACAC college fairs this fall. A list of dates and locations of fairs will be posted in the near future!
There is no cost to attend, but registration is strongly encouraged. You can find specific times and locations online before registering. Register now!
Rochester will be at the following fall 2015 NACAC college fairs:
- Birmingham, AL: 9/13
- Cincinnatti, OH: 9/13
- Phoenix, AZ: 9/27
- San Diego, CA: 10/4
- Long Island, NY: 10/4
- Denver, CO: 10/11
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL: 10/12
- Seattle, WA: 10/16 + 10/17
- Portland, OR: 10/23 + 10/24
- Honolulu, HI: 10/27