We are coming to visit! From New York to Texas and Los Angeles, to China and the Middle East, representatives from the University of Rochester will be traveling to an area near YOU! Our parents and alumni also host a variety of events across the country. Off-campus events are great opportunities for prospective students and families to learn more about Rochester without traveling far from home. We hope to see you at one or more of the following events:
- High school visits
- Information sessions
- College fairs
From July to January, we meet with prospective high school seniors and transfer students in one-on-one interviews. An interview is a chance for us to get to know you better and for you to ask us about Rochester! You should come prepared to speak about yourself, your interests, and passions. If we are not traveling to an area near you, you may request an interview with an alumnus/a through MyROC or email us to schedule a Skype or phone interview.
International students who live outside the areas we are visiting may request a Skype interview through their MyROC. Please check back soon for more information. The University of Rochester also accepts the CIEE Applicant Interview (CAI). Interested students from mainland China, Taiwan, and South Korea can learn more about requesting an interview through CIEE: www.cieechina.org.
*Interviews for transfer applicants should be completed within a week of their application being completed. If an off-campus interview is not available, please call us at (888) 822-2256 to request an on-campus, phone or Skype interview.
While we would love for you to visit campus, we recognize that traveling to Rochester during the academic year may not be possible for you and your family. Prospective students and their families, both freshmen and transfers, are invited to attend. An information session in your area is just another way to learn more about Rochester!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with your admissions counselor, alumni, and Rochester parents.
- Learn about Rochester’s open curriculum and research opportunities.
- Ask questions about the admissions and scholarship review process.
Joint Information Sessions
The University of Rochester has partnered with New York University and Brandeis University to host joint information sessions for prospective students interested in learning more about any or all of these universities. We are scheduled to host these events in:
High School Visits
Admissions counselors are also traveling to meet with you at your high school. Stay tuned for the comprehensive list of schools we will be visiting from September to November! Why should you attend the school visit?
- Meet the Admissions counselor who will read your application.
- Discover what makes the University of Rochester unique: our open curriculum, the Take Five Program, access to undergraduate research, and more!
- Learn how to maximize your opportunities for admission and scholarship recognition.
- Ask about the details of our vibrant student life atmosphere, which boasts over 250 clubs, a robust residential campus, and students from 89 countries.
- Demonstrate your interest in the University of Rochester!