Open-House Days for Prospective Students
These open-house programs are your ideal opportunity to visit Rochester.
- Take a campus tour. A current student will guide you around campus, sharing personal experiences and answering questions along the way.
- Attend an information session. Get an overview of the University and the admissions process from a staff member, with plenty of time for Q&A.
- Experience Rochester. Participate in a lecture, eat in a dining hall, attend a student panel, and talk with current students, faculty, and staff.
- Friday, September 26, 2014
- Monday, October 13, 2014
- Friday, October 24, 2014
- Friday, November 7, 2014
- Monday, November 10, 2014
What to Expect
What to Expect
When you arrive, you’ll receive a complete schedule of the day’s events, including detailed descriptions of events, room locations, and times. In addition to these offerings, we will also provide you with a list of classes you may sit in on if you’d like.
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Schedule of Events
Below is a tentative schedule to give you a sense of the events scheduled throughout our program dates.
|8:30 am–9:00 am||Registration and Student Entertainment|
|Check in and receive a schedule of the day’s events. Peruse the offerings over a light continental breakfast.|
|9:00 am–9:45 am||Information Session|
|Learn all about the University of Rochester and the admissions process.|
|9:45 am–10:45 am||Campus Tour|
|Take a student-led walking tour of campus.|
|11:00 am–11:45 am||Faculty Panel|
|Learn more about Rochester’s unique curriculum and academic opportunities.|
|12:00 pm–12:45 pm||Engineering and Applied Sciences Tour|
|Take a student-led tour of the Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.|
|12:00 pm–2:00 pm||Lunch|
|Enjoy lunch with students and staff in one of our dining centers.|
|1:00 pm–1:45 pm||Financial Aid Information Session|
|Learn more about need-based aid and merit scholarship opportunities.|
|1:00 pm–1:45 pm||Student Panel|
|Your chance to ask current students about their experiences at Rochester.|
|2:00 pm–2:45 pm||Academic Exploration|
|Explore the academic areas that interest you most.|
A list of opportunities will be shared in your registration packet, including informational sessions and tours.
In addition to the scheduled program events, high school seniors and transfer students may schedule an interview with a member of the Admissions staff during Research Rochester. The interviews are offered in 30-minute blocks from 10:00 am–4:00 pm and are a great way for us to get to know you better. Registration for interviews is available along with program registration.
Why should I interview?
The best way to stand out from a crowd is to take a step forward. Tell us who you are and why Rochester is where you want to be.
- At the University of Rochester, we want to know the person only you can show us. If playing with chemistry sets in your spare time gets you moving, tell us. If Bill Shakespeare is more your thing, that’s great! We’re convinced the interview is our best way to learn about your interests, your passion, and your drive to design your own education.
- Interviews help determine scholarship candidates, so if you plan on competing for merit-based awards, an interview is strongly recommended.
- This is your chance to talk to someone who knows this place. Whether you interview with an Admissions representative or a Rochester alum, you’re going to get the real deal, not just internet details that discourage real conversation.
- Interviews for transfer applicants are conducted all year long. Students looking to enroll for the fall semester should interview in the spring, while students looking for a spring semester start should interview during the summer or fall.
- Transfer applicants can sign up for the various interview options we have. There are also on-campus interviews reserved only for transfers offered January through March.
- We understand that transfer applicants have busy schedules and may not be able to visit campus to interview. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule. If none of the available on-campus interview options work for you, you can make a special interview request by calling (888) 822-2256 for an interview over the phone or Skype.