Important Points to Remember

  • Incoming, first-year undergraduates are required to complete the CSS PROFILE for the University of Rochester. Our school code is 2928.
  • Notifications regarding financial aid are emailed to students, so please keep an eye on your email.
  • Undergraduates in the College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering must achieve a specified cumulative GPA and accumulate a specific number of credit hours at the end of each semester to continue receiving financial aid. These requirements are detailed in the Academic Standing – Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
  • The Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) disburse throughout the academic year after we have confirmed your eligibility with the government.
  • NYS TAP disburses after the drop-add period. You must appear on the state's award roster before we may credit TAP to your student account. Academic eligibility includes, but is not limited to: satisfactory academic progress standards, full-time enrollment, pursuit of program, and official major declaration by the start of your junior year.
  • NY Excellence recipients must file an Express Tap Application (ETA) each year with NYS HESC in order to receive this award.
  • Federal Work-Study employees receive biweekly paychecks based on hours worked. These earnings do not appear as anticipated aid on your student account.
  • Federal Perkins Loans and Federal Direct Loans will disburse after you sign your promissory note and complete your entrance counseling session. Funds cannot disburse without completion of these requirements. Information regarding when to complete these requirements will be sent to your University email address during the week of Orientation.
  • Outside scholarships, grants, and loans disburse when the agency administering the program provides the funds to the University.
  • Transfer students will only receive aid until their anticipated graduation date, determined at the time of admission.
  • Students seeking a second bachelor’s degree are only considered for Federal Direct Loans through the Financial Aid Office. Students should check with their department regarding any potential scholarships or grants that may be available to them.

For further information, please contact us!

FA Online Estimator CSS Profile IDOC FAFSA Twitter