Important Points to Remember

  • Students at the University of Rochester must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress during the academic year in order to maintain their financial aid. Guidelines are provided below for review.
  • In order to receive University merit and need-based grants and scholarships, Federal SEOG, and NYS TAP, you must be registered for at least 12 credits per semester and meet satisfactory academic progress standards. (Please refer to the Student Handbook for satisfactory academic progress requirements.)
  • Federal Pell and Federal SEOG disburse throughout the academic year after we confirm your eligibility.
  • NYS TAP disburses after the drop-add period. You must appear on the state's award roster before we may credit TAP to your student account. Academic eligibility includes, but is not limited to: satisfactory academic progress standards, full-time enrollment, pursuit of program, and official major declaration by the start of your junior year.
  • NY Excellence recipients must file an Express Tap Application (ETA) each year with NYS HESC in order to receive this award.
  • Federal Work-Study employees receive biweekly paychecks based on hours worked. These earnings do not appear as anticipated aid on your student account.
  • Federal Perkins Loans will disburse after you sign your promissory note and complete your entrance counseling with the federal government. Funds cannot disburse without completion of these requirements.
  • Federal Direct Loans will disburse after you complete a mandatory entrance counseling session and after you sign your master promissory note. Funds cannot disburse without completion of these requirements.
  • Outside scholarships, grants, and loans disburse when the agency administering the program provides the funds to the University.
  • Transfer students will only receive aid until the graduation date that was determined at the time of admission.
  • Students seeking a second bachelor’s degree are only considered for Federal Direct Loans through the Financial Aid Office. Students should check with their department regarding any potential scholarships or grants that may be available to them.
  • Federal regulations prohibit us from disbursing aid any earlier than 10 days before a semester begins.

For further information, please contact us!

FA Online Estimator CSS Profile IDOC FAFSA Twitter