The student employment program exists to provide the support necessary to allow University of Rochester students to engage in non-benefited hourly employment through the University. The student employment program also works with local, non-profit agencies to provide community service opportunities through the Federal Work-Study Program. The program handles the hourly employment process for all students matriculated in degree-granting programs who are not already employed through Human Resources in benefits-eligible positions.
FAJobLink For Students
By logging into FAJobLink through BlackBoard, students will find the following information:
- How to search for open jobs on campus in FAJobLink
- How to apply for a job
- How to confirm if you have an I-9 on file in the Financial Aid Office
- Student Employment Handbook
- FAJobLink Student User Manual
FAJobLink Student Video Tutorials
Before you log in to FAJobLink, be sure to watch our short video tutorials. The FAJobLink Student User Manual can be found in the Resource Library once you’ve logged into FAJobLink through BlackBoard.
- After you’ve confirmed in FAJobLink that you don’t have an I-9 on file in the Financial Aid Office and before you begin working on campus, you must complete an online I-9. Part I of the I-9 must be completed at www.newi9.com.
You will need the following information when completing Part I of your I-9:
- Our employer code is 11968.
- Our employer location is 100000-Student Workers
(this option should appear at the top of the list for you).
- Once you submit the Part I online, you’ll be provided with a list of the acceptable documentation that you are required to provide to the Financial Aid Office to complete Part II of your I-9. When you have the original versions of your required documentation, contact the Financial Aid Office at (585) 275-3226 to schedule an appointment to have Part II completed. Appointments are available daily and must be scheduled a day in advance.
- Come to your scheduled appointment at the Financial Aid Office with all of your documentation. Remember that the documents must be originals, not copies. If you fail to bring your documents with you, your appointment will be rescheduled. Appointments should last about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once both parts of the I-9 are successfully completed, you can start working!
FAJobLink For Employers
By logging into FAJobLink through HRMS, employers will find the following information:
- How to post a job
- How to confirm if a student has an I-9 on file in the Financial Aid Office
- Payroll Schedules, by academic year
- Student Employment Handbook
- FAJobLink Employer User Manual
FAJobLink Employer Video Tutorials
Before you log in to FAJobLink, be sure to watch our short video tutorials. The FAJobLink Employer User Manual can be found in the Resource Library once you’ve logged into FAJobLink through HRMS.
NYS Wage Theft Prevention Act
Complete and attach the following document to the Payroll Authorization Form at the time of hire for student workers who have identified their primary language as:
|Financial Aid Office (Student Employment)||585-275-3226|
|HRMS Help Desk||585-275-8747|
|Eastman Financial Aid||585-274-1070|
|SMD Financial Aid||585-275-4523|
|International Services Office||585-275-2866|
|Strong Staffing/Employment Center||585-275-7873|
|Office of the University Intercessor||585-275-9125|
|Disability Resource Coordinator||585-275-7814|