Maps and Directions
No matter how you plan to visit us, you probably want to know the best way to get here. And since visiting a new campus can be disorienting the first time, it helps to know where you're going once you get here.
The best place to find campus maps is on the UR Maps Homepage. In addition to maps of all University campuses, they have information and pictures for most buildings and even popular areas around campus.
How Are You Traveling?
- If you are driving and using a GPS, please enter 252 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester NY 14611 as your destination. This will bring your to the main entrance of The University of Rochester.
- On more popular visit days, we often have our visitors park off campus. To find out where to park, please check your event-signup confirmation email or call our office at (585) 275-3221.
- When you arrive at the Elmwood Avenue entrance to campus, be sure to stop at the Visitor Parking and Information Booth (straight ahead, in the middle of the street) for instructions on where to park and how to get to the Office of Admissions in Wallis Hall. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to ensure adequate time to park.
- The University's River Campus is about two miles from the Greater Rochester International Airport (airport code ROC). Commercial taxi service and car rental are available from the airport. Cab fare is approximately $10, depending on the number of people and luggage.
- The Rochester city buses stop at several locations on the River Campus as well as the Medical Center and Eastman campuses on all routes. For schedule and bus route information, visit the RTS Homepage
- The Rochester Amtrak station is located at 320 Central Ave. Taxi service and car rental are available, and the station is located on the municipal bus line that serves the River Campus.
Once you get to campus, check in with the visitor booth at the gate. They'll give you a map of campus and parking information.