VETERANS RESOURCE PAGE
Thank you for serving our country!
Welcome to the University of Rochester Veterans Resource Page! This webpage is designed to provide veterans and their families with information about the Yellow Ribbon Program, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to important websites. We hope you find this information helpful.
Veteran's Day portrait gallery
- Yellow Ribbon Program (Rochester Pledge) participants include:
- Undergraduates at the College
- Undergraduates/Graduates at the Eastman School of Music
- The Simon School
Frequently asked questions:
- What educational benefit is best for me?
- Detailed information about educational benefit options is available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- I am a veteran. How do I apply for my veteran's educational benefits?
- Apply for educational benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) here.
- Notify the University of Rochester's Financial Aid Office that you are eligible and applying for veteran's educational benefits.
- I am the dependent of a veteran. How do I apply for my veteran's educational benefits?
- Your parent transfers a portion—or all—of his/her benefit to you through Transfer of Entitlement.
- After the transfer is approved, you apply for the educational benefit here.
- You notify the Financial Aid office that you are eligible and applying for veteran's educational benefits.
- What documentation does the Financial Aid Office need from me to process my veteran's educational benefits?
- Veteran: photocopy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
- Dependent of veteran:
- photocopy of approved Transfer of Educational Benefit (TEB).
- photocopy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
- Whom do I call about the status of my educational benefits claim?
- Call 1-888-442-4551 to speak with an Educational Case Manager at the VA.
- What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?
- For an overview of the program, please click here.
- How do I qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program/the Rochester Pledge?
- You/your parent must qualify for 100% of the Post-9/11 GI Bill to qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program and the Rochester Pledge.
- What UR campuses participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
- The River Campus, Eastman School of Music, and the Simon School are participants.
- Will other UR campuses participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program in the future?
- Other campuses have considered, and we will update the website when additional campuses decide to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- What campus resources are available to veterans?
- The following are just a few of the many resources available to veterans: College Center for Academic Support, University Counseling Center, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Disability Services, and Office for Residential Life and Housing Services.